In this post, we’ll go through the CCA131 exam blueprint topics and show you what and how to perform the tasks in each topic.
All the embedded links are my exam preparation notes. Go through each link and perform/practice it in your cluster.
Check out my post on Minimum cluster configuration required for practice.
Please practice till the time you’re confident of doing all the tasks without referring any documentation/material and capable of resolving the issues.
Before we start, check out my post on exam feedback. CCA131- Exam Feedback
If you’re new to Linux, please check out Linux commands – Basics which will help you get familiar with shell commands.
Demonstrate an understanding of the installation process for Cloudera Manager, CDH, and the ecosystem projects.
- Set up a local CDH repository: Local CDH repository
- Perform OS-level configuration for Hadoop installation: OS-level configuration
- Install Cloudera Manager server and agents : Cloudera Manager server
- Install CDH using Cloudera Manager : Install CDH
- Add a new node to an existing cluster : Add a host
- Add a service using Cloudera Manager: Add a service
Perform basic and advanced configuration needed to effectively administer a Hadoop cluster
- Configure a service using Cloudera Manager : Configure a service
- Create an HDFS user’s home directory : Create an HDFS user’s home directory
- Configure NameNode HA : NameNode HA
- Configure ResourceManager HA : ResourceManager HA
- Configure proxy for Hiveserver2/Impala : Proxy HS2/Impala
Maintain and modify the cluster to support day-to-day operations in the enterprise
- Rebalance the cluster : Rebalance the cluster
- Set up alerting for excessive disk fill : Alerting
- Define and install a rack topology script: Rack topology script
- Install new type of I/O compression library in cluster : I/O compression library
- Revise YARN resource assignment based on user feedback
- Commission/decommission a node : Commission/decommission
Enable relevant services and configure the cluster to meet goals defined by security policy; demonstrate knowledge of basic security practices
- Configure HDFS ACLs : HDFS ACLs
- Install and configure Sentry : Sentry
- Configure Hue user authorization and authentication : Hue
- Enable/configure log and query redaction : Log/Query Redaction
- Create encrypted zones in HDFS : Encrypted Zones
Benchmark the cluster operational metrics, test system configuration for operation and efficiency
- Execute file system commands via HTTPFS : HttpFS commands
- Efficiently copy data within a cluster/between clusters : Distcp
- Create/restore a snapshot of an HDFS directory : Snapshots
- Get/set ACLs for a file or directory structure : HDFS ACLs
- Benchmark the cluster (I/O, CPU, network) : Benchmarking
Demonstrate ability to find the root cause of a problem, optimize inefficient execution, and resolve resource contention scenarios
- Resolve errors/warnings in Cloudera Manager : Resolve errors/warnings
- Resolve performance problems/errors in cluster operation : Performance problems
- Determine reason for application failure : Application failure
- Configure the Fair Scheduler to resolve application delays : Fair Scheduler
Before you appear for the exam, please check my post on how to validate the outputs in exam. CCA131 – Answers Validation Steps
This will help you in re validating your outputs/solutions/tasks which you may fail to notice during the exam.
Wish you all the best for your exam.
Please do share your thoughts/feedback after taking the exam, which will help me to update the contents accordingly and also help our fellows in Hadoop community..